Here’s the first ever video of me doing my job – the only qualification for which is to be able to read out loud, right?
Look a little more closely:
1. Reading a complicated script very fast without any stumbles, with music playing and lots of crowd noise, yourself in one ear and a technical conversation in the other.
2. Starting at the right moment as the first applause diminishes, without crushing it (too early) or leaving a space (too late).
3. Watching the action on stage, in order to finish as the winner leaves after their photo.
4. Getting the intonation right, to finish on a crescendo and give the audience their cue to “Cheer now!”.
5. Editing the script while reading it, to finish at the right moment but still provide the “Cheer Now!” cue.
6. Still making sense.
7. Giving the audience a sense of Event and the winner a feeling of their praises having been well and truly sung.
That’s why I love to do what I do.
#stage #event #voiceover